I own a Samsung galaxy 3, an entry-level android phone. I was looking for an upgrade, I picked galaxy S2 for being the best phone ( On paper ) in the market, and Apple iPhone 4 because its apple. I ruled out iPhone 4 for the following reasons
- Its specs are no where close to Galaxy S2.
- For the restrictions that come with iOS.
The only phone left now is Galaxy S2, at the moment there is no phone in the market that could come close to it. But when i went to the store to check it, I had to decide against it for the following reasons.
- Its made of plastic, doesn’t have a premium finish. Looks very plasticky and fragile.
- Volume key is wrongly positioned. When you hold the phone in you right hand, your middle finger will be on the volume key. There is no clear distinction between the UP and DOWN, and the key gets pressed very often when you hold the phone in your hand and setting the ringer volume to ZERO.
- No short key for camera, you cannot take photos with one hand and no self portraits.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are my personal. Galaxy S2 is THE best phone available in market today, but it just doesn’t feel like a premium phone in hand and has poor ergonomics.